الأحد، 17 يونيو 2018

Nah


I never leave this tight suit of awkwardness, do I ?
Even in a bustling crowd I still hide within
When I'm laughing out loud I don't expel all the air in my lungs
And when I'm with you, I always see myself reflected in your eyes
Do I always look this broken ?
Stuck in a rift between shadow and light
Does my voice always seem to dither between two notes when I try to fill
In the gaps between our lines ?
Have my thoughts always stripped so casually?
No wonder I'm told how I disturb the rhythm of folks
When all I did was gaze too long and say not much
Listen too well and forget too quick
Perhaps I'm not made for the sunny days
Being exposed to the harassing gazes of curiosity
Perhaps blending in is a trade I missed among all the trades I tried to master
But is it so terrible that I stopped trying to change?
Started to paint the background I chose to blend with
Is it such a dire straight to be a misfit?
A civil tag for those who took the red pill
I wonder
I like the way I am, never a dull moment.


ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق