الثلاثاء، 9 أبريل 2019

Letter to The Crab X

Last Letter to The Crab

Feb 12th, 2018

One finds belonging in the
Most unexpected of places
This word sprung to my mind
The first time we
Met, and it still weaves poetry in
My head every time we do.
I have no vain inclinations to
Pursue what I cannot keep,
I just wish sometimes that things were
Different for us and I wonder
If you ever wished the same.
You are leaving, too, and I ran
Away to another continent because
I didn't want to say my farewells
I swallowed them, sour as they were,
Rotting on my tongue
I keep making the same mistake,
Trapping more fireflies in my blue
Lanterns when all I wanted was
A few moments of sweet homecoming.
You called me cruel, but knowing that
We are not lasting long, I pushed you
Away just to have a taste of your
Absence
How it will demolish me, how long
My days would seem normal before
Collapsing on the weaker side where
Your place has been.
I wonder if you, too, past all the jokes, miss me already
My portrait that you drew, you put
As your header
No caption
No explanations
No last words
An immaculate version of a woman that was
THE reason
A reason.
Hey,
You are as empty
As I am, deep inside, aren't you ?
You are as lost, and restless
Without a good conversation
And long moments of silence that
Don't stir one's comfort.
We sink, we sank in each
Other's cesspools of darkness and
Never asked questions
Because f** the answers.
Tell me,
If tomorrow day you woke up in a different place
At a different time and space, would you


Would you
Have wished to be a different person?





ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق