الأربعاء، 19 أكتوبر 2022

 

 It fell upon me, like a summer fog

Stealthily, as if a forgotten vengeance, and then

All of the sudden, everywhere, inevitable.

I learned that as one grows older, 

The kind of sorrows they have tend

To take darker shades, spread deeper through their

Body, vines of bane, clawing 

Twisting at their heart

One tires of standing tall

What unbearable pains, those

That spring from within, the ones that you 

Can't relieve, nor you can explain.

One withers like a sunflower : their colors

Fade long before they fall apart.

Sometimes I remember the boy that carried 

A guppy in his stomach, a basin of glass 

Full to the brim with all the things that

He swallowed

Walking about life, unknowing of what he was

Protecting, until all the water have seeped

Through his cracks. 

I am the boy

I am the water

I am the guppy.



ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق