الأحد، 29 سبتمبر 2013

L'esperanto

This is a letter to whoever takes more time dwelling in dreams than coming up with a to-do list.

You know, the reason I disliked The Alchemist so much -something i didn't have the chance to discuss it with anyone,as I was frowned upon immediately after mentioning how badly I struggled to finish the book and swallow up the silly ending- is because I really believe people shouldn't dream of what they can't achieve.
I'm a realist. I don't day-dream ; I contemplate.

I think it is okay to have a wide imagination and think, only think, of all the possibilities ahead, if we only keep that within the limits of our heads.
Dreamers are weaklings, most of the time (and that's my personal opinion, dear reader, you are entitled to argue) because they don't have it in them to face the real world, nor to be someone in their lives.
So instead, they turn to their  imagination and make themselves significant, you know, like an artist that puffs up his model and makes him handsomer and more muscular. That's just pathetic.

I get that Mr. Paulo was trying to  inspire us to follow our dreams yada yada yada...But if realizing dreams with mere incessant efforts was possible, why would these people wait for encouragement through this book of yours, Sir ?
What is life, real life? it's not really about dreaming. That, everyone can do. It's about being practical and smart enough to know your own limits, and dream correspondingly. If it's too big, it's better to invest your energy in something more down to earth. At least that's what I learnt after pursuing the path of engineering and science.
Sincerely,
-An Ex-dreamer, now a pragmatist



ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق