الثلاثاء، 17 ديسمبر 2013

Paradox


I'm a lump of contradictions

I hide my real face behind =truths that take the form of deceit
Yet I long for a person that sees through all my masks
I'm sympathetic, I'd cry when you cry
But not when you die, part of it is because I scorn hypocrisy
Rigid as a mountain, while I say "Al Baraka feekom"
I seek love, but I kill its seeds before they sprout in my heart
I run away company, but I'm scared of being left alone
I like my space intact, but I yearn for a breath of fresh air when I'm indoors
I see through people, I'd like to believe that
Eyes articulate the words clearer, but I don't even know myself that well
I can't catch myself on a lie
I indulge in self-laceration, but at times I adore my very shadow
I'm my best friend, and my worst bully
I'm a lump of contradictions
One thinks that the long years
And the quiet retreats of reveries would unravel all mysteries
I shift faces more than I shift my moods
Perhaps, it wasn't that I had many faces I assumed at leisure,
Sir Milan, it's true, that I didn't know which face to wear for the day
As I looked into the mirror, mine was cracked in half.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق