الاثنين، 16 أبريل 2018

Snedronningen

I'm not playing hard to get
If I'm to use your terms, abstracted to bitterness
It is just hard for me to come into terms
With the idea of being sought 
Ever since I could remember,
I ran from my shadow, and no one
Chased after me, and
I learnt to give out sentiments, the ardent type You may argue that I perhaps lack and yet
Try to assume and wear like a suit of skin
Tailored a bit too small, stretched over this bulk of flesh and flimsy nerves and bashful stiffness
And I accept the love I'm given with an air of indifference
The way I accept the sun light and rainy days
And the dents in the pavement
It just doesn't taste the same
When it is an echo and
Not the first call
My good sir, with a gaze so tender
You may think that high walls are meant to protect
And whatever lies within isn't as strong as the brick
It is true in a sense
But there are kind beasts that wallow in self laceration
Thinking that they are too vehement for the world
For I
Either love with my all
Chaos and madness and domination
Or exhale love like a spring breeze
Before I'm gone
For your sake, my child
Not all walls are built to be demolished
I've been doling out these little treats of affection
But they were never pieces of my heart
Bits and crumbs of a state of mind
Hastily changing with the passing seasons
And I thought that folks did the same
Treating  romance like a game, a struggle for power and a bravado of the ways of courtship
And to use your terms ,you could try to become a better shooter
But I'll just add another foot of concrete
And although I have the airs of a queen and
Secrete whiffs of haughtiness
As I walk by
Beneath this skin is a fragile being
That's never been hurt before
So tread with caution
For I'm a casket of glass and my shreds
Cut deep.




ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق