الثلاثاء، 3 أبريل 2018

Timshil



"Consider the lilies of the field
How they grow
They don't toil,
Neither do they spin.
It's seems like a habit you can't kick
Picking flowers you stumble upon
Just to let them wither in a forgotten vase
Next to your bed
You brute
I've finally understood how it feels
To lose control
Why they wrote that love shreds one's heart
Before it stitches it whole
How the lock of your rib cage scratches
A wild beast is dying to break out
You could hear it grumble at night, as you lay alone
Stretches its limbs and pokes at the hinges
Stills into your guts, for fun
And stings at random
At the mention of someone's name
I've been stung
And this venom tastes sweet
Though it swells in my veins
My head is full with the thoughts of you
My gaze searches for you
In a crowd of strangers

I ache
I ache
I ache, for you

And I could smell the sweet, sweet
Traces of ruin
Along with the words you speak

I'm sick
With you


You called me a saint
And I fell,
For you
Keeping the sheets of my expression so calm you wouldn't tell
And I thought i never
Needed to learn how to swim but
Did you know ?
The worst part of drowning is that it
Burns
Every time I caught you sneaking a peek
Through the cracks in the distance between us, I wondered
If you saw me
Or saw through me, like I saw through you
It's just that our kind
Have the kinda guileless eyes that see through
The wicked lies and ulterior motives
Appearances and pretenses and
Fragile masks of fulfillment
How come I know you this much
Like I know myself ?

I carried the night along in a sack
And found that there was peace in the dark
As well as belonging
But here comes the sun
And I spun around, tryinna escape your orbit
I wished that you stopped digging under my skin
Before you reached my marrows, I
Don't want you to see how much defeat they harbor
For there I stored the thoughts I didn't want
Dwelling in my head
Disturbing my dreams
Defiling my poetry
Muddling my rhyme and reason
Altering the rhythm of my lungs
Along with my heartbeats,

See I

Can't be suppressing so many urges at once
As I chime in idle conversation

One battle at a time.



ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق