الأربعاء، 25 يوليو 2018

Ashes



Do you know what Tender Curiosity is ?
I guess Fitzgerald meant that everyone is so charming
From afar, naturally
The inevitable bloom of a lover's flaws has
A tendency of slapping a fool
In the face
I'm quite accustomed to
My sentimental swings at this point, that I know
This violent phase,
Too, shall pass
Disillusionment emerges from the wreckage
Like the strings of light from the dead skin of a storm.



I guess if I wanted to break it down to you, it would be like this
If you were the half-full glass
They turned into a cliche
I would take a few sips, before
Spilling you all over, at the hottest hour of the day



If you were the still water that they say runs deep
I'd dip my toes just to tease the crawlers
Before delving right in
I never learnt how to swim, though I tried
I'd sink like a ship with a broken keel
But did you know ?
The worst part of drowning is that it
Burns, and I
Carry ashes in my chest for
All the charred sentiments I kept burning
Throughout my life.







ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق