الأربعاء، 4 ديسمبر 2019

Firefly

20.12.18


What is it called when
Someone fits in the spaces
Between your thoughts the
Way cement holds all the blocks
Together as it sits in
Between ?
Perhaps I was chasing after the sitting sun
With all its blinding glory
When the moon shined so kindly upon my face
Perhaps the key was never in finding
A person that mirrors your every flaw
If feels like sipping on poetry until
It flows and suffocates you
Bane if you jump, bane if you stood
Watching.
We are nothing alike except that
Deep down we were both made of equal parts
Phoenix bones and mush
Someone liked to call this the law of attraction but
I'm a man of science and these are too casuistic for me to count on
I never know how well you adapt yourself to my absence I just love
How the songs I send you blend in with your playlist
When we cruise

Quietness

Reigned over my world, brand new like a child's perception
My love, I'm not the type that
Declares their weaknesses, but
When you said that you wished to miss your flight
God knows I felt it in my bones
How much I missed you already
How wrong yet right it all felt, how reckless and
Natural it all seemed
I miss you still, And it scares me
That I woke up with this tingling need
Like a disease from the dark ages, strange
How I forget all this noise when I'm
With you,
I understand why they wrote that
Love could kill you
Why the firefly hurries to its grand
Death with
Such joy.





ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق