الثلاثاء، 17 ديسمبر 2019

The Night Was Ours


"The night is ours."

Yes, I missed you, so much I woke up
With a pang of pain in my side, felt
Like watching the roses I got for my
Birthday quietly wither by the window side

I must have smothered them with water.

It is snowing outside and I'm yet again
Thinking of a man I used to know in a
City where I don't know anyone.

Are you, perhaps, thinking of me, at this hour
On a different cloud in this realm of somnolent
Wakefulness ?

I want to rewind to the moment we
Were just starting to take off each
Other's masks and we were too caught
Up in our hopefulness that we thought
We could handle the ugly underneath.

You thought you could contain me,
Drop after drop through the cracks
In the ceiling
Drop after drop I filled you up to
The brim and
Smothered you too,
Perhaps water is meant to flow and
Never to be kept.
When I turned my back on you, the
Flowers in my chest were dead
Long ago
Your last call was a knock on my door
Your apology was a tactful farewell
Carefully brushed, powdered
Lead on its eyes
Lowered down to the depths, slowly
Your apology didn't have much time
To lay out the words,
It was packing when it passed away.

Why are you like that ?

All I wanted was to have the night
For ourselves, whispering away our
Mutual loneliness, you shouldn't have
Stayed so still, letting me gather myself
Within you, until
You couldn't breath anymore,
You shouldn't have stood watching, as
This mess was too beautiful to untangle
You shouldn't be unmasking people, if you
Are going to run away from
The truth,

You fool, let me go
This is my last flower,
From me to you.





ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق