الثلاثاء، 5 مايو 2020

Ginkgo



Feb 2019

The thing about keeping
The door ajar for someone's
Promised return
Is that it brings the breath of
Winter in the still of
The night,
Unwanted.
You left without a word
And I waited for you, hand
Calloused on the handle, until
I lost all the feeling in my vibrato
Fingers.
I thought,
One day you would make
Up your mind and
My heart wouldn't shiver anymore,
Unbolting and raising bars seemed
To me a lot harder than
Letting go.
Eons have passed and my heart
Aged well, Deserter, a Ginko tree
Abiding through the seasons
Shedding ache along with its
Dead leaves, standing bare
In the open.
Looks like the cold didn't
Agree with you, out there
Knocking on my windows
For a night's shelter
There are motels for that,
Beloved,
I changed the locks and I
Light fires in my heart(h)
Now.





ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق