الاثنين، 24 أكتوبر 2016

Cereals at 1:36 am


Cluttered is the mind
A deserted shed at the edge of nowhere
Marauded by a rover, driven to a frenzy
By the claws of hunger
Of late I ponder for long
On how much I have changed
On how much you have changed me
In my restlessness it seems that I
Lost the grip on definitions
Couldn't put a name on this vehemence of sorts
And my sorts are countless, I'm never out
This passion for living, the will to proceed
Or the yearning to die while trying to live
This wild affection for the ones I could touch
And the ones whose faces separation has mushed
This disavowal of possessions and
The hastiness to cede
I feel like smoke
A cloud of smoke with a thick shadow
What I darted away from
Is a twilight
What chases after me
Is the echo of my steps
What I walk towards
Is your back, swallowed
By the darkness

Yet calm, calm is the heart

An astral graveyard of stillness
My night dome pales a bit
As the moon pays his respects
To the stars that has fallen
By my feet
I was four when I clasped the first one
In my small hands, was told that I could keep it
If I wanted
I did not understand then
I was twenty four when I found it again
Tucked between the pages of an old notebook
With faded lines
Buddy Guy said that love comes like a hurricane
You see
But I was born at the heart of one
Unending
He says that despite the uproar it still feels like rain
But I breathed in the smell of Petrichor when air
First pierced into my lungs, and I uttered
The cry of my first battle
Still pending
Perhaps it is why I wake in November
Presently prone to laughter at times of plight
Audacious scowls at the passing whiffs
 Of lies ,now that I've grown
And of late I wonder
Why I called him my moon and wrote him all these lines
When he was my total eclipse 

When he wouldn't have possible known how cold this grass feels
Beneath one's bare feet
Between one's toes as the verses flow into their veins
Does he frequent the few shores left on this earth
That no dishonest man has defiled yet
Just to let the virgin grains slide between his fingers
"What passes through is the brevity of your love"
"What clings unto my palm is my undying devotion"
Does he ever wander into Molloy's forest
And forgets to remember that he ought to leave
Think to himself while resting at night,when the city falls asleep
Quietness reigns ,and the ravens left behind
Start to weep near the break of dawn
How his mind beats like a drum, and his chest whispers
Verses and dirges, when it snaps out of stupor
Did he ever decide to walk further than the rest of the grubs
Just to reach the end of the leaf
Stop at the precipice of existence and stare into chaos
Where poetry is woven
Did he figure by now
More than the answers, the few immortal questions to adorn his grave stone
Does he think, when the hour strikes twelve at noon
Whether it is truly an affliction
That needs to be cured
This absence in presence
Detachment in connection
Belonging in seclusion
Chaos in naught
Tenderness in indifference
Walking along the border
Forever swinging in between
Oh, the horror
If his heart isn't as bold
No, my love,
He wasn't the one to keep
And this bowl
Is getting cold.




ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق