السبت، 1 أكتوبر 2016

Muscle Museum


I finally met him, yesternight
He came late, I waited for an hour
But he doesn't know that
Dressed in a white shirt, he seemed to glow
In this dim floodlight
He came late and out of breath
Made jokes about the heat
And the busy airport nearby interrupting his thoughts
"It's hot because of you, really."
My head fell backwards for a instant
Collecting my wit
Suave
I scooped to the edge of my seat
Occasionally clasping my hands
Not knowing what to do with them
When I'm not fumbling with my ring
I scooped to the edge of my seat, almost falling
Held my tongue and forgot where my phone was
Someone was calling
But I wouldn't miss a word
A blink
A gesture
A joke
A smile
His lines I took in along with my breath
His laughter
Exploded like a fountain, contagious
And I, self conscious of being in public
I kept soft and graceful to my best
The longer I watched his face while he went about
A magician in his natural place
The wilder them butterflies fluttered in my guts
ِAnd the drum in my chest, slowed its pace
Seemed to take longer
As it filled its ventricles

And I realized in that moment :

You could be infinite without expanding

You could soar in the air, while
Still on your chair
Time could stop, and you could be an immortal
For only two hours or so
And this isn't fair
I whispered to myself
"I love you this much.

And you don't know."


He went on
His eyes half closed
Making gestures with his hands
One of these people that you love watching
They sound like they own the world just by being alive
I said it a bit louder, though fast
When a plane went by
"I Love you."
He would interrupt his story to count
And we would laugh, I ,tearing a bit
Wishing more people flew away that night
When another one passed
He stopped short and sighed,
I strained my cords harder
So I'd let it all out
In that narrow window of chance
Took a deep breath, counted three pulses
Before I summoned my guts

"------OVE YOU."

But the last syllables hit his face
In the sudden quietness, stealthily ambushing
Like broken glass hits the ground

Silence turned to smoke
And lingered around

Seemed like my voice was for a moment
The only pulsing entity
In a quiet universe
Enchanting
He looked into the void, searching
For his words
His face flushed, strands glued to his brow
Chuckled gently
Then looked my way

"I love you too."
"Someone seriously needs to call the ATC here."



Dedicated to Y. Chrismallis
My muse, forever and always. 





ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق