الخميس، 1 فبراير 2018

Coruscāre


It must be my fate
Being drawn to men cut of the same mold
Afloat
So unfair, aren't we
Running around carrying the hearts
We learnt to snatch out of habit
Survival instincts
In a world made of sticks and card boards
Words are nothing but smoke
So I trained my eyes to speak along with
My parted lips
You served truths and lies whipped so well
That one had to watch you closely
Before they could tell
And I never meant to peek too far
It's just the way that I am
Turning stones that sat funny
And I never meant to daunt you
Peer behind screens and cracked doors
Upon your unclad skin
I took to my feet
When you turned my way
And ever since then you have been ashamed
And it was never the same
I ran away
And you never moved

I came back because I couldn't escape




Hey,
Aren't you tired ?

Because I am
How many years it has been
Since I was smitten
There was light as much as there
Was murk emanating
From the depths of your skin
And you glowed
In the dark
Like a third sun
Aren't you tired of being afraid?
Hiding behind metaphors
Pretty words breathed into the crisp air
Of the night
To woo a pretty woman
You thought you didn't deserve
Aren't you tired of coming up with lie
After lie
To hide a shy truth
Ache crawling beneath your skin
Eating you up from within
When you had all
But the relish of your youth
Aren't you tired of wronging the words ?
Sacrificing ballads at the altar of
Self gratification
Because I am
We chose to hide our flaws and the beautiful
Birth marks of our souls

Don't break the rules

The sun and the moon
Could never be together
Chasing one another
And although with the sweetness of warmth
They both quiver and shrink
There is envy and a billow of bitterness
Left in their trails
And they could never share a kiss, alas !
Lest the world plunges into obscurity
An eclipse of eternal predilection
Unquenched
We are both made of water
And yet afraid to swim
Someone once wrote that the sea is black
And it just reflects the sky
But how could you absorb the light
And reflect it just the same
So well
Being made colorless
While making the world colorful ?



ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق