الاثنين، 14 مايو 2018

Bedelia

I never lie,
I obfuscate
If you know my person you could tell that I seldom
Go past the prelude when I read aloud what's on my mind,
It's hard to explain the sweet delight in telling
The truth laced in brass satire and
Shifting metaphors that it would forget
How its own face looks like
A lie more truthful than truth itself
Truly, the invention of lying was a major waste of imagination
When one could uglify the truth naked
It would barf at its reflection in the mirror
Lo, if my whimsical feats confuse you
It's because they defy rhyme and reason out of utter spite
If my midnight rhapsodies lose you it's because
Sometimes I say things for the sole purpose of clearing some
Space in my head so I could sleep in peace
And it's in your very best interest to not waste your efforts trying to understand,
Even I have stopped trying, after a while
I bear no guile intentions, as I instigate perplexity
And I don't stand contemplating the complexity of the
Ripples my plunged feet has caused
It's a product of lightness, rather than condescension, really
But that's a glutinous thought for another idle night, beloved.
 
 
 

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق