الاثنين، 21 سبتمبر 2015

Claire De Lune

I was walking in the dark once upon a time
And the path ahead was arduous to see
My heart was hardened by tenacious rime
And my wistful life was void of glee
I thought on my own I would do just fine
I thought I didn't need any light to tee
But I was stumbling in puddles of mud and slime
Until the bright moon smiled upon me
He said, "my heart shalt always be thine, milady
I shalt love thee till the end of times"
"If my light is to be your beacon", he said
"For you, my queen, I shall always shine"
I thought, I could stroll in the night some more
That he is the one I've been searching for
I could close my eyes and cross the moor
Because the way he shone was so sublime
So I marched into the night with evident grit
Because of my vision now I couldn't repine
I whistled songs of mirth and wit
That echoed in the night in wonderful rhymes
Until I tripped and fell into a hidden pit
And my way around I could not divine 
I thought that my friend was pulling a jest
And that he'll return, my claire de lune
But I looked to the sky and was so scared to fathom
The darkness above and the darkness ahead
I called and called for my precious moon
But all I heard was a ruthless twit
He said my heart was the one that's blind
That our strings of affection did not entwine
He said, with his love I've been feline
So I was thereby deserving of jilt
My exuberant moon was shining no longer
And alone in the dark I was left to wander
I thought what we had could pass for ardor
But alone and miserable 

I wallowed in guilt

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق