الثلاثاء، 15 سبتمبر 2015

Ritocchi

"Fine tuning" has become the axis around which my everyday life spins
Endless hours digging on the subject of Non-parametric fine-tuning of artificial Gas-Lift PID control
Which is more cringe-inducing than it sounds
Fine-tuning the strings of my beloved Japanese violin
Which is never really done, considering my terrible ears and the changing humidity
Fine-tuning the frequency of my roommie's car radio
To her mp3 player's
I could never find it, so many days I spent on this passenger seat trying
But it keeps me too busy to complain about her reckless maneuvers
And her constant jabber about her ex
Fine-tuning of the dial on the multi-purpose Gramophone in my living room
The one I capriciously bought at an online auction
A whimsical gesture, of which I'm not proud, but perfectly content
And even more capriciously called Nikolai
Fine-tuning of my vocal cords so i don't sound like a dying whale
On the 2 hours drive back home
My dad once told me that i'm a very patient person
He throws in some peculiar observations as such every once in a while
Out of context , and without introductions
I think i got 80% of my Weird from him, the rest I got by keeping myself company
It didn't really occur to me that the reason i never have the time to complain
Is that I invest a great chunk of time painting my mishaps on a canvas of amelioration
Dissipating all my energy in construction of beautiful things
Redirecting all my rage, all this anger
To hit a stern wall
Of indifference
I don't even remember when I adopted this ''chill'' credo
I'm not exactly a ''chill'' person, i rage and smash things
With far less fuss than i make it sound
It just doesn't happen often
And I know that taking my own pace as I do, and redo things
Perfecting my homework, or reading a line of a book over and over
Till it seeps through the pores of my grasp
Polishing the mirrors in a house full of them, and scrubbing the floor till it shines like ivory
Sketching a stranger from nebulous memory
Getting to really know someone before calling them a ''friend''
Deciding on my stream, for I took 4 redundant courses
Taking 2 months to decide if i should buy my car
And exactly double that to select the topic of my thesis

It is all
To avoid the sudden eruption of my inner volcanoes
By deflating the balloon of my restlessness
Slowly
Patiently
Quietly

So it doesn't explode at the first pin-poke


ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق