الأحد، 17 يناير 2016

The Small Print


I come with flaws.

Through and through, from the tips of my toes and across the tunnel of my spine
Up the lump of cerebrum inside my skull
They seep through my pores, the traits you deem as faults and follies
As you look into my eyes, and your searching gaze would hull my barricades
I don't know if I should love my imperfections, though
I just learnt with time not to mind them
Much
Would like to say that I don't heed yours like I
Accepted mine
But if we are going to play this game
Pick on little vices that came with the package
After we've signed upon receipt
Bear in mind that I, too, could point and blame
I, too, could lyrically defame your person
I, too, could start an arson in your lungs
Jitter the flames with my obnoxious puffs
As I shove down canisters of burnable contempt
Down your trachea
Let it hail, with chide and thunder, to put down the last bits of pride
Hiding among the woeful rubble in your soul
I, too, am not so tender
You should remember that you ,as well, are a barren canvas
Scrapped and bleached to no avail
Put out for display though full of patched holes
And blotches of black in a failed attempt to get the hale shade

Fallen curios stand at the back in manifest shame

I come with flaws, but yours could outshine mine in the starkest day
Could macerate the moon and stars in the darkest night
I come with flaws, it's true, and I
Thought I'd fling them disowned before they
Climbed up from the tips of my sleeves, screaming in supplication

But I

Chanced to gaze at the floor while avoiding your eyes
Found some of your own, bereft and forsaken
Though common and akin
And I

Understood

Let's make a deal; I'll tie my tongue if you
Looked the other way.



ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق