الأربعاء، 14 سبتمبر 2016

Gouged Ebony


How I used to dance waltz with words and verses
Thinking I was a conqueror of sorts
Flair and glory sewn unto my fingers
Metaphors carved on the palm of my hand
My wand I swung and fireworks sparkled
The flare gone, the smoke lingered
Inside my head
Yet at the sight of them sealed hearses
Traces of bitterness stiffened on my lips
When I touched the articles bequeathed to their kin
Helplessness hid beneath my lax tongue, like orphans of war
It became heavier, the more I spoke
Or the longer I paused
When my words waver I always let my limbs talk
See, I move on quick to mitigation, casual
And I embraced your pieces a bit stronger than usual
Heard a crackle and
Thought that I broke your bones, now tender crackers
Or what was left of your pillars
Grazed into thinness by the claws
Of loss

"Do seek solace."

I bade, flustered

Much reflection and that's all my butterflies mustered
You stood there, half of your features hidden in the dark
To my mind an aesthetic canvas of woe and affliction
Time seemed to unwind
I couldn't tell if that faint curve would pass as a smile
If it was, it spoke volumes
Your skin, tired though young, was dark like the trunk
Of the oldest ebony
And my chest it shrunk when I traced your gaze
Empty and 
Unaltered
Your long branches faltered 
Your shadow faded, your oval face
Broken faience with a subtle glaze
You knew that I knew
That condolences and shrills
The small talks after, them anecdotes as well
Light reminisces and laughter
Though resounding- like an ominous knell
Pounding through the hall
Reflecting off the pale walls

They don't revive the dead, do they ?

And seldom console the ones left behind
Like guiltless daggers, they
Often dig through bare flesh
Poison the living
And kills them instead
Slowly.





ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق