الثلاثاء، 27 ديسمبر 2016


I'm a slave to my whims

Never lasted a verse when my peace of mind
Was the price to pay
In the few years into my shock of an adulthood
This heart of mine
Grew so spoiled that I spare him the toil
Of picking the best of the worst
I drift at ease through the changing gust
It's been delightful
Detached my anchors of commitment
Forgot my aim
Lightness was both morbid
And liberating
My nickname was changed with time
From Warrior to Capricious
All these countless enterprises to fill
My expanding emptiness made me Jack of all trades
A lover of all shades, only pushed towards the sunlight
Holding on tight made my palms
So numb
That I let go of the precious
Without realizing

I wake up sometimes in the middle of the night
When I've died in a dream

Laboring myself with thought
To pass on the hours until dawn
So demons wouldn't invade my brain

Why did The Lord send us down here ?

Clad with a consciousness
Weakened by humanness
Our first prize and yet our greatest vice

To feel, could be the heaviest burden
Isn't it ?
But to live like death was an utter lie
Or idle through the days as we lie without a care
Just to die in vain after so many years
Of being docked at the bay
Perhaps were, in the end
Only one and the same.



ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق