الأربعاء، 23 مارس 2016

Albedo


I don't understand the human nature

I understand mine perfectly well, and I thought that is all I needed
Though there is more to life than the company of your own conscience
Human connections, see, lie at the core of the labyrinth of existence
We don't know the way around, so we stumble upon tricky grounds
The way back doesn't matter much,
Whether we sprint or amble in our walk
Nor whether we cross the length as we cry in despair or mumble prayers

It's only when you try to look for someone that you get lost

I tell my heart to "Speak !"
And it does, till it's gratified
I'm glad it grew to have a nature so mild
Usually kind and as fickle as a child
Occasionally brittle when it smells the odor of a lie
Hangs a little at the thought of mischief
And bangs so loud at night at the shutters of my mind's eyes
When it has a thing or two to say
Forbids my mind to switch off the lights and retreat to lay
So I listen, quietly
And I hear the giggles within as it's relieved of the heaviness
Untold lines
Forebodings and hopes
Romantic excursions and broken convictions
Prospect regrets for not having spoken enough, before we left
Hearts are so outright ,man
And human relations aren't akin to a pilgrimage uphill
When hearts are reckoned upon and discerned when they tell
Wish I could grab another being by the shoulder and bid them
To let their hearts rant, bargain in the open on what to give and take
Kick and squall if they want, even kiss and embrace , if needed at all
To just stop being so uptight it puts down their fire
I found it so cleansing and light, though one's emotions would tire

Wish people would tear their chests open for a hand shake

Let their disowned sins run and rollick under the sun
Untie their tongues and scream to the world their stifled thoughts 
Benevolent
Or insolent

But alas,
Hearts are too fragile to be exposed in the open

Though this one doesn't care, the spoiled wretch can't be left alone
Though it got hit a few times, flung by a handful of stones
Grew asthmatic with time, for the air is so rich
With rotten breaths
Of rotten intentions
Of rotten souls
It's gotten old and sickly
When still acting bold and bubbly
Perhaps
Hearts are to be kept prisoners of our rib cages
And another dimension of the labyrinth is woven
From the threads of every word that perishes within,
Unspoken


ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق